How do we deliver the BESS report at Energy Compliance?
At Energy Compliance, we encourage developers, builders and architects to consult us for sustainability solutions at the design stage as it is much easier to implement low-cost solutions. For early consultation and assessment, concept plans are sufficient. To finalize the report, we will demand the following:
- Architectural drawings (including elevations, sections, window and material schedules),
- Energy compliance approach (For residential: DtS, NatHERS star rating, VURB & for commercial: DtS, JV3 modelling, Green Star or NABERS). We will discuss and recommend you the most cost-effective approach to our clients based on our past experience,
- Plans to install on-site renewable energy generation systems,
- Water efficiency rating of domestic water fittings and fixtures,
- Preferences on Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) & Domestic hot water supply solutions.
After we gather the above, our engineers and energy assessors will prepare the complying report (SDA/SMP report) under council-approved templates considering to:
- Reduce total energy consumption while considering low-cost insulation and glazing,
- Best solution for daylight access through daylight modelling.
- Achieve best STORM ratings,
- Offer different proposals for all other sustainability categories (e.g. waste management and transport),
- Offer innovative energy solutions such as a low-cost passive house or innovations through CFD modelling,
- Assess the feasibility of most cost-effective renewable energy options (if required)
How much does a SDA, SMP or BESS report cost?
The cost of a typical BESS assessment and a report preparation depends on the building area, the complexity of the building, options for feasibility assessment, option for energy efficiency compliance. Obviously, the final cost of a BESS report can be set after concept architectural drawings are provided to assess how complex is the building. Feel free to call us to discuss the BESS compliance report for your building development.