You need an ESD report for your building if:

  • your building is located in one of the 79 Victorian councils (as of now – see here), where ESD requirements apply; and
  • you are developing an apartment with more than 2 sole occupancy units or a commercial building with an area of greater than 100m2

Depending on the size of your development, your ESD report will be in the form of ESD report or SMP report.